October 08, 2006

Dark Clouds and All That!

I’m taking a break just to inform you of what’s going on. Two more chapters and editing then Storm of Magick will be done. I will email it to my CP and mail a copy to my fabulous agent. If all goes well she will be submitting it.

It hasn’t been a bowl of sunshine around here lately. It seems that my mind is fighting with itself to finish this book. I’m totally looking forward to the end. The family as well seems to be keeping me in a foul mood. Wouldn’t you just love to mute your husband if only for a month or two?

I don’t know but sometimes my characters are better company then real people. I have started doing a little research for my next book. Book 2- Black Market Magick. I like Logan am looking forward to spring. New characters, new season and new murders to solve. But, I’m totally looking forward to ghost hunting in this book. And a few more new things to introduce.

13 Comments:

At October 08, 2006 9:23 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I think when I get some distance between me and SOM. I will feel a little better.

 
At October 09, 2006 7:29 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Ending a book can be the hardest part. I know a lot of writers struggle with the middle, but I find myself worrying about producing a weak finish after a dramatic build up. Or ending too soon. Or not ending soon enough...

 
At October 09, 2006 10:42 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I totally agree Naomi. I want a strong finish.

 
At October 11, 2006 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I eat, drink and sleep with my characters, so much so, I think my partner gets jealous!

 
At October 11, 2006 2:47 PM , Blogger Richelle Mead said...

I hear you both on tuning out family and the company of characters. I just finished a major writing binge and was totally antisocial around my house. Whenever I come up for air though, I just can't get enough of socialization. It's healthy to be back in the real world, I guess.

 
At October 12, 2006 12:04 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Rachelle- I don't know I've never been a real social butterfly.

 
At October 13, 2006 2:35 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Ah, there's no feeling like explaining to your friends you can't meet them this weekend because you have a werewolf at home who needs dealing with. Best excuse ever.

 
At October 13, 2006 12:22 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Character makes everything better.

 
At October 13, 2006 1:26 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

You took the words right out of my mouth. S

 
At October 15, 2006 8:36 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Hey, good luck with STORM. And if you get one of those Real People Muters, please let me know...

 
At October 15, 2006 8:38 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Hey Jackie only if they have more then one.

 
At October 16, 2006 4:25 PM , Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

Ghost hunting for real can be an experience. LOL. But ghost hunting in fiction is fun too.

 
At October 17, 2006 12:14 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I know what you mean Faith.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home