September 30, 2006

The End

Getting down to the wire. I have about five chapters or so to go. This is the time to put your strongest work into the book. After several re-writes and eighteen months of work, I want the book over. Nevertheless, at this point you cannot rush it. Don’t deprive your readers of a strong finish.

I have always had a strong desire to put out a killer product for my soon to be readers. Even though I have looked at this book for what seems to be a short lifetime. I want it to be fantastic. My agent read the first half and notice about eleven typos. When she said she found some mistakes I was thinking that the manuscript would be totally red, marked. But, it wasn’t.

Now if I can make a strong finish with my agent loving it. Then we can move on to submission. It has become very exciting.

Note to Jim Butcher fans: The Harry Dresden Files was picked up as a series on the Sci-Fi channel. I don’t know when it will air. But I’m totally looking forward to it.

13 Comments:

At September 30, 2006 1:18 PM , Blogger Zinnia said...

It's impossible to catch everything in a manuscript. After a writer stares at it for months (sometimes years) he or she becomes blind to typos and such.

 
At September 30, 2006 2:00 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks S. It has been a long time in the making. But it will be worth it once I see it sitting at the book store.


Zinnia there is so much truth to your comment it's not funny.

 
At October 01, 2006 8:58 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Go, Lisa! I need reading material ;)

 
At October 01, 2006 2:15 PM , Blogger Richelle Mead said...

I know exactly what you mean about having to control yourself and slow down near the end. I always want to slam through it because I'm so excited. Good luck with your last big push!

 
At October 01, 2006 8:29 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thank Richelle. Thanks for stopping by.

People you must go to Richelle's blog and read. Some great stuff.

 
At October 01, 2006 8:33 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

S spread the word far and wide. Ricia is doing good. I came up with something new and she love the idea.

The last chapter of the book will be written as a journal entry. I liked the idea because you can really see into Logan's mind.

 
At October 02, 2006 9:03 AM , Blogger Gaby said...

The blood, sweat and tear are almost over. And good luck with the final hurdles.

 
At October 02, 2006 11:39 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Alexandra. Here's hoping for a smooth finish.

 
At October 03, 2006 1:47 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

I quite like the idea of ending with a journal entry from Logan - and given everything that happens in the book, she's bound to have a lot to say!

 
At October 03, 2006 1:59 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Yeah Logan is rarely speechless.

 
At October 06, 2006 3:00 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Hey everybody. I'm still alive. Just have to work out a few bumps in the road. I'll be post a new comment soon.

 
At October 08, 2006 1:15 PM , Blogger Fran Friel said...

Congratulations...and onward! And remember to enjoy the ride. It's such a strange mix of elation and sadness that can come with the completion of a beloved project. Love the journey, baby!

All best wishes for your continued success!

Hugs from CT,
Fran

 
At October 08, 2006 6:35 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Fran. : *

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home