July 31, 2006

Friends

When you get an agent or editor should you tell them about a friend’s work? As J.A. Konrath says, ‘writers should help other writers.’ I totally agree with this. I did this for a friend that feels like a sister to me. I believe in her work and if I can help someone so dear to me than I’m happy too. Would every writer do this for another writer they believed in? I don’t know but it would be nice if they did.

I talked to my agent today. She is such a great woman and she has some changes that she wanted me to make and I think that it will make my book better. I value her input more than anything. I may not be around very much because I intend to be finished with Storm of Magick in six weeks. It will be a tight schedule but I want it done.

7 Comments:

At August 01, 2006 12:26 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

I think friends should help each other out - whether those friends be writers or not. Now, I wouldn't recommend an author friend the instant I got an agent, but I would definitely mention said friend to the agent.

Good luck with Storm of Magic! Progress and goals are good things.

 
At August 01, 2006 1:47 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks I think that I'm going to need it.

 
At August 01, 2006 3:25 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

Hey - just noticed the new "contests" section on the website. Any hints as to what might be going in there?

 
At August 01, 2006 3:50 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I was thinking that a fan can answer a question from the first book and win. What do they win you ask? Well to be a minor character the next book.

They can be a vashon or a lycanthrop or even a witch. I use the first name and description in the book. I got the idea from JA Konrath about the name.

 
At August 01, 2006 11:17 PM , Blogger Meleta McHarlin said...

Good luck with Storm of Magick!

 
At August 02, 2006 1:03 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Mel.

 
At August 02, 2006 2:43 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Sounds pretty cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home