May 30, 2006

Blood, sweat and tears

Many of you know that I’ve been waiting to hear from a couple of agents and a publishing house. No there hasn’t been any word yet! However, it makes me wonder, is there some special secret or formula to getting an agent and ultimately being published? Many say no, just hard work and persistence. Well, I’m both and still nothing.

We as writer pore our blood, sweat and tears into our work but sometimes it doesn’t seem to be enough. I think that it’s hard to stay positive all the time. Especially when you feel it in your heart that you have a really good product and that it would sell. The worst part is waiting a long time to hear the long awaited words, ‘I would like to offer representation.’

7 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 8:41 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

It is frustrating, but the important thing is never to stop trying! The more we write, the better we get - personally I think you're work is getting stonger all the time. Just keep hoping and writing.

 
At May 31, 2006 12:55 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I'll never give up but it feels like I'm running in mud. Thanks Naomi. I've improved with your help.

 
At June 01, 2006 3:47 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

^_^ Always happy to help. Hopefully this time next week I'll be back online at home... I can't wait.

 
At June 03, 2006 3:04 PM , Blogger Meleta McHarlin said...

Hang in there! I think it's a numbers game. The more you're out there being seen and heard, the better your chances. (Nepotism doesn't hurt either. I wish I had a back door into the biz)

Keep sending out those queries. Eventually, it will pay off.

 
At June 03, 2006 6:23 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Mel. I just wish I would hear from agent A. It has been a long time since I heard from him.

 
At June 04, 2006 10:55 AM , Blogger Mary Blackchurch said...

I'm in agreement..patience is key..I've no experience on either end of the publishing phenomenon..but I believe it's probably like anything else in life we really want. Hard work..perseverance..a little luck and a lot of faith..will eventually find you exactly where you want and deserve to be. And lest we forget the gift you have to entertain through the written word is already and will always be..a success in and of itself.

Hang in there..your time will come.

Mary

 
At June 04, 2006 10:20 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Mary and I'm glad you stopped by.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home