June 12, 2006

The novel that wouldn't wait!!!!!

A couple of days ago I started a YA novel. No details yet but I am already heading into the third chapter. I can’t wait to send it to my critiquing partner for her assessment and thoughts. What’s funny is that this novel would not wait to be written. I had to put ‘The Trial’ aside because this novel was pouring to the surface.

It rather reminded me of my Logan Wolf series. This novel is basically writing itself and already a little different then I thought it was going to be. Maybe this is the series that I was supposed to be writing all along. Young adult isn’t a genera that I saw myself writing ever, sure I have thought about it for a while like I said before but nothing was ‘IT’. You know the type of book that just flows out like water out of a faucet.

Well I will keep you posted but I see the novel being done in a couple of weeks. Especially if it keeps coming like it has.

8 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 2:45 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

It's great when stories work like that - I hate it when I have to force myself to write something. When an idea comes effortlessly, and the story follows it smoothly, you get your best writing in my opinion. Good luck with it!

 
At June 12, 2006 3:25 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks. I know what you mean about forcing a story. I've had to do that for a while.

 
At June 12, 2006 6:36 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Will do phoenix.

 
At June 13, 2006 11:49 PM , Blogger Meleta McHarlin said...

Yahoo! Ride it for all it's worth!

 
At June 14, 2006 12:11 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Definitely Mel...

 
At June 14, 2006 6:39 PM , Blogger Mary Blackchurch said...

Nothing like creative juices flowing..they can contain the best of us.

Keep it coming!

 
At June 15, 2006 2:01 PM , Blogger Charlie said...

I love it when a story flows like that.

I completely agree. When that happens nothing else really matters. Good luck =)

 
At June 15, 2006 2:53 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Charlie. But I better get movin if I want to keep my schedule.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home