June 27, 2006

My new series

Sorry I’ve been away for a while but I’ve been deep into my muse. Family Legacy is up to chapter 11 and going strong. I thought I would share my idea on this YA series. As I said before my critiquing partner loves the idea so I hope you do too.

Jess and Wilhelmina (Wil for short) Grim find a strange wood box in their attic and it contains unusual items. Wil reads a poem aloud, which is a spell that opens sensing powers in the sisters. Later they find out that they are descendants of the fiction writer the Brothers Grimm. And now they must find the evil witch that is killing off their friends.

I would love to hear what you think about the idea. This is my third series idea but the second series that is flowing so nicely, I will update my WIP bar so you can see my progress.

8 Comments:

At June 27, 2006 1:18 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

I like the idea. I think it sounds neat. Kinda cool, also, to have the sisters Grim be related to the brothers Grimm. =)

 
At June 27, 2006 3:55 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Nicole they are great, great, great grand daughters of the Brothers Grimm. After the Grimm family moves to America the last name is changed to Grim.

 
At June 28, 2006 7:49 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Keep it up! Hold onto that muse

 
At June 28, 2006 1:05 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Will do!

 
At June 28, 2006 4:44 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Hey Carmen nice to see some new blood. Yes Lunatic Horizon is a great blog and beautiful.

I'm glad you like my idea. I hope you become a regular.

 
At June 29, 2006 4:24 AM , Blogger Charlie said...

Will you be dropping references to their works in? Just subtle things? Cool idea =)

 
At June 29, 2006 10:49 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Charlie yes. The end of the book will remind some of a Grimm Fairy Tale. No happily ever after for the Grim Sisters.

 
At June 29, 2006 1:17 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Jamie!! Boy I think I just may have something here!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home