April 09, 2007

Revision Facts

I do have a good excuse why I haven’t posted… really! I’ve been really working hard on finishing revisions. My daughter was on spring break then had the nerve to get sick. Well ‘Burton’s Law’ states that I will also get sick and I did.

My agent has been a great cheerleader during this process of revisions. I wanted to share a few eye-opening facts about revisions.

1. If anyone is going to get sick around ‘you will be sick.’
2. Everyone around you will constantly need you during said revisions.
3. Someone’s vacation will always fall on said revisions.
4. Family problems happen during revisions.
5. Quitting smoking during revision time is a good thing, yeah right.
6. Revisions could be eaten by your computer.


What I’m trying to say is remember to factor in these problems for your revision timeline. Good luck.

8 Comments:

At April 09, 2007 4:42 PM , Blogger Kim Smith said...

As I have just received the last of my beta's crits on my mystery this was very timely (and fun!) advice.
Hope you are well soon.

 
At April 09, 2007 5:00 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

leary, I'm better thanks, just behind. : P

 
At April 09, 2007 6:59 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

Yikes. I hope all is going well for you - or at least as well as can be expected, all things considered.

 
At April 09, 2007 7:19 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Hey bookwyrm, just playing catch up. How are you doing?

 
At April 09, 2007 8:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started my second (and hopefully closest to final length) draft of my novel. And today Spring Break started and my husband found out that while he's starting a new job they're putting him on freakin' swing shift!
It's like the universe knows we're trying to work 'eh?

 
At April 09, 2007 10:35 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Michele most definitely.

 
At April 10, 2007 3:39 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Ever just feel like the universe is conspiring against you, Lisa? I know I do!

 
At April 10, 2007 1:18 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Naomi too many times to say.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home