February 07, 2007

New Changes

I know I haven’t posted in a while a lot has been going on. I had to get a root canal done which gets finished next week. I’m waiting on my new glasses, which I’ve needed for five years. I quit smoking. I’m at two weeks now; it’s not been too bad any drastic mood swings. I started exercising and I’ve lost nine pounds.

On the writing front. I’ve had to write a new first chapter to Storm of Magick and re-edit the whole thing then my agent will resubmit it. I have felt sorry about it for a while but I’m finally coming out of that and digging in to get the work done. Nothing has ever been easy for me so my writing career refuses to be any different.

How has everyone been? What is your progress with your WIP? Who’s on submission and how is that going? I’m still waiting to hear from Harper so we’ll see.

7 Comments:

At February 07, 2007 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture up there is amazing

 
At February 07, 2007 10:32 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks. The link for Rainpearl, is to the right if you want to see more of her wonderful work.

 
At February 08, 2007 3:10 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Glad you're back, Lisa!

Big change for me too this month - I've moved house. No internet connection yet, which is painful, but hopefully that'll be sorted before too long.

I'm also without a computer until Saturday, so no writing for me at the moment, but we'll get there in the end...

 
At February 09, 2007 1:21 PM , Blogger Kim Smith said...

My first book is still in the waiting period at a small publisher, and I just got another rejection on a short story.

The sequel is going purty good. Wish I could work on it more.

Hope to hear good news from your area soon!

 
At February 09, 2007 9:29 PM , Blogger Kim Smith said...

Hey! Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

My writing is all over the map, and my ideas are flowing so fast I can't contain them.

I want to find out what is so hot about middle grade novels. I keep hearing this rustle, like a dull whisper under the ground that goes "middle grade, middle grade, middle grade"-- what makes MG fiction so hot right now?

 
At February 12, 2007 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there with the smoking. I've quit 3 times. It doesn'r get completely easy until after a year.

 
At February 12, 2007 10:15 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks for the warning.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home