May 19, 2006

Query for Heaven & Hell Series

This is a rough idea of my query. Let me know what you think of my story idea.


Demons beware! Diana, daughter of Archangel Michael has been sent to Earth to begin her final trials. As the only woman in training to be an Archangel, she must prove her worth. When she comes across Byleth an Arch-demon, he puts her skills to the test, by raising the dead in the middle of Sin City. Diana must stop him and send him back to Hell before the humans learn of their kinds. (Diana has a hell of a time following the rules.)

Filled with humor, action, stomach-turning scenes and love against the rules, THE TRIALS will appeal to fans Laurell K. Hamilton and Kim Harrison. This 70,000-word dark fantasy novel is filled with fighting, demons, angels and walking dead. The ultimate Good vs. Evil and the training ground is Earth.

My published work appeared in NEW CAMP HORROR and DESCENDING DARKNESS. My memberships are BACKSPACE ORGANIZATION and KELLEY ARMSTRONG’S WRITING GROUP. A participant of NaNoWriMo 2005. A review appearing on the BACKSPACE ORGANIZATION homepage.

Do you think, THE TRIALS sounds heavenly sinful?

9 Comments:

At May 20, 2006 12:00 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

Having read the first three chapters, I like the direction The Trials is taking (I'm a sucker for angels and demons anyway).

I think you should take out the line "(Diana has a hell of a time following the rules.)" - It doesn't really fit where you've placed it. Other than that, it's a nice little summary of the story. Good luck sending it out!

 
At May 20, 2006 1:41 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks to my critquing partner I'm learning a lot. She's the best!

 
At May 20, 2006 1:46 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

^_^ Always happy to help!

 
At May 23, 2006 4:01 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Anything that shows you are serious about your career I'd mention it.

 
At May 23, 2006 6:43 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Jamie.

 
At May 23, 2006 11:56 PM , Blogger Meleta McHarlin said...

I’d read it. Sounds like a book I would enjoy. I only have one question – is her meeting the Arch-demon in Sin City part of her trials (like a quest to be conquered)or is it separate (big distraction) from her “formal” trials to become an archangel?

 
At May 24, 2006 12:01 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Mel: It's is part of conquering the Arch-demons and sending them back to Hell. She has an initial 80 Arch-demons to find and return them back to Hell before she can become an Archangel.

 
At May 24, 2006 3:46 PM , Blogger Erica Orloff said...

I'd read it! :-)

Good luck!

Erica

 
At May 24, 2006 4:09 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Erica. That's good news.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home