December 15, 2007

I'll be Home for Christmas

I’m finished with Yule gifts, sent Christmas cards and baked. I’m listening to the saddest Christmas song of all. I’ll be Home for Christmas by Bing Crosby. I love the song but it reminds me of things that we can never get back. A favorite relative that passed away, families moving away or in my case grown apart.

Christmas Past* my favorite Christmas that I always recall when the season rolls around is when I was fourteen. My entire family got together for two days. We sang, played games and for a short time got along. Now I haven’t seen most of my family for over 2 years. I’m the black sheep of my family and was kicked out. I don’t mind really. Nevertheless, when this time of year rolls around I long to have my family.

I’m sorry for bringing my loyal bloggers down. On to something different. Over on Kim smith’s blog she asked her readers what their New Year’s Resolution was for the coming year. I don’t make Resolutions I don’t keep them. I call it setting goals for the coming year. I know same thing. But, here’s my list.

* Sell my Logan Wolf series by July 2008. If it doesn’t sell, take a serious look at career.
* Get fit and healthy. Which in turn I’ll lose weight.
* Make new friends and stop being a loner.
* Create a schedule.

What about you?

3 Comments:

At December 16, 2007 9:28 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

I don't make resolutions, but like you I have a couple of targets. Obviously top of the list is that publishing contract!

Also, keep up the salsa dancing and get off antidepressants ... again.

Really, I think everything else will fall into place. I've got high hopes for 2008.

 
At December 16, 2007 10:08 AM , Blogger Kim Smith said...

1. be a better friend to people who really need one
2. promote my book when it gets out like there is no tomorrow
3. lose weight and lower my blood sugar if it kills me :)
4. finish the second in my mystery series and begin passing out to beta readers
5. sell some more short stories

i know what you mean about the holidays and missing things...and people-- hugs! k

 
At December 16, 2007 11:54 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks for all the kind words over the last year. 2008 will be big for us all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home