October 02, 2007

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Your not so friendly neighborhood horror writer here. I’ve been an empath for a long time and lately it’s been driving me nuts. Well let's just says that the people around me aren’t filled with warm and fuzzy feelings. And, to top it all off, I haven’t heard anything about my book on submission. Please everyone send some good vibes.

My research is pretty much over and I’m back to work on ‘The Trial’. I do miss Logan and everyone. I just may try to work on two novels at a time. Something fun that my daughter and I are going to do. We live by one of the oldest cemeteries around. In a couple of weeks, we are going to go there and take pictures and do tombstone rubbings. I know I’m a little morbid. I’ll try to post picture when I’m done.

Another thing is I’ve been smoke free for 9 ½ months. Well let’s just say some days are worse than others are.

10 Comments:

At October 02, 2007 6:20 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the smoke-free! That's quite the commitment, and I'm proud of you for sticking with it.

I don't think tombstone rubbings are morbid. I think they're neat. (Rubbing yourself on the tombstones would be morbid... :p ) Let us know what you find out!

 
At October 02, 2007 6:51 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I will nic.

 
At October 02, 2007 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for smoke free!! you can do it!!

 
At October 03, 2007 1:21 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Being smoke free isn't the huge issue. Oh sure every once in a while I would love to have a cigarette but it's nothing I can't handle.

 
At October 03, 2007 3:05 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Congratulations on being smoke-free. I wish everyone I knew who was "quitting" was as committed as you...

And the grave rubbings sound cool. Be sure to post a picture!

 
At October 03, 2007 11:39 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

When I decided to quit I was ready to.

 
At October 04, 2007 8:00 PM , Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Congrats on being smoke-free! I've been so for already 2 weeks. You're an inspiration. :)

As for the submission, I hope you hear from them soon. And I hope it's with a contract. Heh!

 
At October 05, 2007 1:35 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Tempest it's been a struggle the last two days not to smoke. Congrats to you. How are you handling it?

About publishers, from your typing fingers to the gods ears.

 
At October 05, 2007 2:52 PM , Blogger Alexandra said...

My Dad used to take us kids out the cemetary to do stuff like that, great fun and not that morbid really, if there's a bit O' history thrown in too.

Hey, and congrats on the smoke-free lungs!

 
At October 05, 2007 8:09 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I just love cemetaries and this one is the oldest in town.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home