September 24, 2007

Research

Hey all, your friendly neighborhood horror writer here. My weekend was brimming over with research for the book I’m working on. As I mentioned before I love doing research and right now I’m reading this book, which by the way was self-published. The author John De Vito is fantastic. The name of the book is ‘The Devil’s Apocrypha- there are two sides to every story. If you get a chance, read it. It will leave you scratching your head.

My suggestion on buying research books. Is to get them from the library first to see if it has the information that you go back to again and again. I’ve made mistakes before in buying the wrong research material.

My fabulous, couldn’t get through a novel without you, critique partner, Naomi sent me her thoughts on The Trial. As usual very insightful. I have a lot of work to do but I think it will be a great read when I’m done.

3 Comments:

At September 24, 2007 10:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when I get all excited because I do a glance of a research source, a website or book, then I get time to focus on it, and it's crap. :( I prefer to just ask people who might know directly. This has led to some interesting emails to UofL's Biology and Medical departments ;)

 
At September 25, 2007 4:09 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Sounds like a cool book. I've had it recommended to me on Amazon, but I really can't afford to buy any more books this month, lol.

And I'm always happy to help ^_^ Especially since I'll be sending you Wild in a month or so for the same treatment...

 
At September 25, 2007 1:16 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Michele, I know what you mean. I've been disappointed many times over research material that I've bought.

Nomi totally looking forward to reading Wild.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home