October 17, 2007

Time

As you all know, I’ve been working on my Heaven and Hell series. I love the concept and plot. But, I just can’t get into the revisions that I’m doing. In my head, the changes and fixes seem doable but in another part of my head, it is overwhelming. What can I do to get these changes done and get this novel going?

I keep taking more notes and doing more edit, which seems to be making the whole process worse. Again I think I’m making it worse for myself because I still haven’t heard from any of the publishing houses. I need HELP!!!!!!!!!

In other parts of my life have been a little better. Everything in my life seems to be in neutral. I know in my head that I’ve got to get moving on both of my series. But the harder I try the more it seems like I’m running in mud and I’m getting aggravated about everything.

In better news I started reading this book. ‘Healthy Living from the Inside Out’ by Mariel Hemingway. It touches on mind, diet, spiritual and home. This has made me want to train to become a High Priestess.

8 Comments:

At October 18, 2007 3:24 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Sounds to me like you're stressing youself out too much to concentrate! Take some time out, relax and don't try to force the writing to come. You'll be fine.

Waiting for news is always a bitch. Del Ray turned my book down, so I'm with you there, lol. But all you can do is try not to let it get to you and trust that good news will come.

 
At October 18, 2007 12:49 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Naomi, your series will sell.

 
At October 19, 2007 12:13 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

Here's hoping - for both of us!

 
At October 19, 2007 3:36 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

Just blog surfing..Love the Picture! Good luck with your writing.

 
At October 19, 2007 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I list things. I write everything I need to do or want to do and then I just pick something, or prioritize to help me focus.

 
At October 20, 2007 1:24 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks for stopping by Crystal. I'm going to try to outline the book. It usually helps me know where I'm going in the book.

 
At October 22, 2007 9:52 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Any more thoughts on doing NaNo, Lisa?

 
At October 22, 2007 1:04 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Nomi, I think that I will do it. Just to push myself. I'm not sure if I'll complete it but I'm going to sign up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home