August 26, 2008

Remembering

As September 11th draws near, I find myself pulling out old VCR recordings of that terrible day. I along with so many others watched the events of that day unfold. And, as each day after that I was unable to pull myself away from the coverage, I think that I was shell-shocked. Maybe if I watched it enough I would understand the reasoning. But I never did.

It’s with a heavy heart that I replace my yellow ribbon around the Oak tree in my front yard. I have kept a yellow ribbon and flag out for those we’ve lost and continue to lose in the war on terror. I want to thank the men and women who fight for our country. I hope you return home soon and safe.

I like many others never lost anyone in the WTC or the Pentagram or even the heroes on Flight 93. The rescue workers that have now become sick and yes even the dogs the searched the rubble and have passed away. There’s nothing anyone could ever say that could thank any of them enough for what they sacrificed. I’ll say it any ways THANK YOU.

Was it the devastation of the amount of lives lost that day that I look at? Yes. I watch everything that is on television and that I recorded because I won’t let myself ever forget, ever.

7 Comments:

At September 07, 2008 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some 9-11 books with each victim's story. I have yet to take off the factory seal. Someday I will.

How's the writing going LA? Any agent luck?

 
At September 07, 2008 10:26 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 07, 2008 10:28 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

The writing is going good. And my agent is working hard for me.

 
At September 16, 2008 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still with the same agent?

 
At September 16, 2008 7:39 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Yep.

 
At September 27, 2008 8:29 PM , Blogger Lift Heavy Rock said...

Write, LA write...I still get teh first signed copy. Well, maybe not the first :(

 
At September 28, 2008 12:45 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Yeah I think of a couple people come first. But you'll get ont. : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home