April 21, 2008

Characters

Hey devoted readers. I’ve been making headway on ‘Heaven’s Door’ but still have a ways to go on it. I love how the story has changed. There are times when Diana’s voice is hard to hear.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading on Anna Boleyn and Elizabeth the 1st. Which has made Raiden from my Logan Wolf series complaining that he has to wait for me to finish this novel first. The 1500’s is the time period that he is from. It's probably why his voice is so strong in my head.

I have been working on my Logan series for so long that it’s hard to hear my other main character. What about you, do have a hard time hearing your other characters?

3 Comments:

At April 22, 2008 4:43 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Which Anne Boleyn books are you reading? I love that period of history. I studied Tudor history for my A-levels. Totally flunked the exam, but enjoyed the course anyway.

It's funny how some characters spring into your head fully formed, with their own strong voices, and others have to be coaxed into development. My Scarlett characters have been with me so long that I never have any problem "hearing" them. And Lizzie from Wild was a complete character right from the start. But recently I've been writing a couple of short stories and I'm finding it really hard to get into the heroines' heads.

 
At April 22, 2008 8:22 AM , Blogger LA Burton said...

The name is 'Anna Boleyn- A New Life of England's Tragic Queen by: Joanna Denny.

When I hear my characters in my head they all sound different. The one thing they all have in common is they don't like to wait.

 
At May 19, 2008 11:04 PM , Blogger Kim Smith said...

I am amazed at the similarities between myself and my online buds :) I have been watching the Showtime series THE TUDORS for over a year now. I am fascinated with this whole era!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home