January 03, 2007

2007

Okay, Okay I know I haven’t posted in a while. But, I plan to post more in 2007. I’ve been reading on many blogs about New Year’s Resolutions. I’m a firm believer that most people just don’t keep them. So my solution to that is you’ve heard of the Chinese Year of the Dog and so on. Well it’s the Year of LA. I’ve not taken care of myself for years and it shows.

My plan is to focus on my career and me in 2007. It’s not going to be easy as people with partners and children know. But I’m determined to focus on me for a huge change of events. But I will share my career goal for the coming year with you.

- Finish second book in Logan Wolf Series by mid April.
- Finish first book in Heaven and Hell Series. (The Trial) by August
- Finish first book in YA series (Grim Sisters) by December.

My schedule doesn’t include any edits for when the books sell. I also plan to attend two conferences this year. My book has been on submission for a month now and I’m hoping to hear good news soon. So please keep me in your thoughts for that to happen.

A list of friends and books that are coming out in the next few months. Run and get a copy.

Jackie Kessler- Hell’s Bells, January 2
Rachelle Mead- Succubus Blues, March 2007


Happy New Year to everyone and best of luck to those of you who are looking for an agent or on submission to publishing houses.

10 Comments:

At January 03, 2007 1:17 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

Good luck with the goals. I'm glad you're planning to carry on with The Trial - well, you know how I feel about angels and demons!

Remember to get plenty of "me" time in there too!

 
At January 03, 2007 1:32 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I think I got a wake up call since I've been sick for over a month with this stupid virus. So changes are in order.

 
At January 03, 2007 2:38 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

Are you feeling better yet? Coz I need your opinion on something, but I don't want to cut into your recovery time!

 
At January 03, 2007 3:21 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Not totally better yet. But I will look at what you sent me and get back to you by Monday.

 
At January 03, 2007 4:19 PM , Blogger Kim Smith said...

LA!! so glad to see your post.. and thanks for the well wishes. I know everything happens in its season so I am not worried. I look forward to following your progress in 2007.

 
At January 03, 2007 5:23 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Leary.

 
At January 03, 2007 9:20 PM , Blogger Richelle Mead said...

Happy new year! And good luck with the book! Can't wait to hear news on it.

 
At January 03, 2007 10:08 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Rachelle. Same to you.

 
At January 05, 2007 6:21 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

No I have never been to a conference before but I've heard there fun and informative.

 
At February 01, 2007 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I found your blog via Mary's (maryblackchurch.heroindiaries.com)

Re what you say about new year's resolutions: I don't do them, never have. Whenever I've wanted to do something I've always resolved to do it and have stuck by that.

That was until I got a problem with DRUGS. THAT has defeated me, resolution-wise ...

Yours is an interesting blog I'm going to come back here.

You're welcome to drop by mine: gledwood2.blogspot.com

All the best

Gledwood

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home