February 17, 2009

Turn of Events

Well after a lot of research and reading, I’ve decided to self-publish. I know what everyone is thinking. You’ll never be picked up by a large publishing house and if I can’t make my career happen well I don’t deserve it. But, trust me I’ve got the determination to make it a go.

Even if you don’t agree with my decision that’s fine but I highly recommend two books for you read and take notes on. The first is ‘Self-Publishing Manual’ by Dan Poynter and the other ‘The Well-Fed Self-Published’ by Peter Bowerman. The information in these books will help the traditional published and the self-published. Reading these two books I’ve learned more than I did in seven years that I’ve been writing. If you never read anything else that I recommend please read these two books.

One thing that surprised me was some of the people who self-published amazed me. Everyone from Mark Twain, which didn’t surprise me because I knew he did but M J Rose and many others. I would be proud to join their ranks.

4 Comments:

At February 18, 2009 6:56 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

So do you have a timeline for this? When can we expect the book? ;)

 
At February 18, 2009 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always say just make sure you know what you're getting into before you do it, and make sure you go with a company who is good, and not a rip off. Good Luck.

 
At February 18, 2009 1:35 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Naomi, I will be sending it your way in three weeks.

Trust me Michele I have done my homework. I really hope you read the books I've suggested.

 
At February 23, 2009 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the ranks, and, if I can offer any advice, don't hesitate to ask.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home