January 21, 2009

New Beginnings

As I step back from my writing and watch our new President takes office. Everyone around the world is watching. All day I’ve seen clips from the great Martin Luther King’s words fill the screen. If anyone can pull this country together, President Obama can. A man that is white, African American, a man with the energy to get the job done and the determination to do. I’ve heard it many many times today, ‘We are proud to be Americans’.

He makes you want to get out in the community and help. I’ve noticed commercials on TV about working together and volunteering in the community. I’ve even seen the President in one. I think it’s the first time I’ve seen a President on TV without it being an election year. It’s very hopeful.

I’ll get off my soapbox. Before anyone asks about the picture and my name, copyrights I haven’t heard anything yet. But, as soon as I hear something, I’ll post it. In the coming weeks, you’ll start seeing a change or two. Please let me know what works and what doesn’t.

3 Comments:

At January 21, 2009 5:59 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

It's a hopeful time over here too - whoever is in charge in the US has a big impact on the UK, and I know a lot of people over here were watching just as eagerly yesterday.

Curious about these changes you mention! Is the blog getting a makeover?

 
At January 21, 2009 1:04 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I hope things get better for everyone. Yes I'm going to revamp my blog. I'll be removing Logan's picture. As much as I love it its got to go.

 
At January 22, 2009 7:44 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

That's a shame, but a new look is always a positive thing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home