December 23, 2008

Nostalgic

As I finished wrapping my daughter’s last couple of presents, I thought about Christmas and Yule. It’s not a secret that I’m not close to my family as a matter of fact I haven’t spoke or seen any of them for several years. I do see my sister once every couple of months or so but we’re not close. I’m closer to my Critique Partner, Naomi than my own sister.

This has been a nostalgic Christmas/Yule for me. I bought ornaments for my Yule tree that reminded me of some I remember seeing on my parents and grandparent’s tree. I took my daughter to Macy’s for the first time this year. I guess trying to start a couple of traditions of my own. I also made my first Yule log. Although I hope, next years will be better.

The next few days will be busy but I wanted to do a quick post. Any stories you want to share? Everyone have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your family and the season.

3 Comments:

At December 28, 2008 8:12 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday, Lisa. Here's to a fantastic 2009! I'll be emailing you soon :)

 
At December 29, 2008 10:20 PM , Blogger Kim Smith said...

Hey Lisa! Sorry I have been sort of missing. Since my book came out, it's been wild with all the promoting etc.

I hope you and yours enjoy a wonderful prosperous New Year!

 
At January 01, 2009 1:20 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Same to you Kim. How the promoting coming along.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home