February 02, 2009

New Start

As writers when we find that hard to get, rare species known as the, Agent we sit back and let them handle the business side of our career so we can stick to the creative side of writing. If any of you have stopped at J. A. Konrath’s blog, you will learn many things about the business side of our industry everything from writing a great query letter to book signings.

I think that it’s important to know and understand what your agent is doing to get your work sold and what to expect after you’ve signed your contract. After a lot of thought, I’ve come to the conclusion that I will be parting from my agent. Before anyone asks, I won’t be answering any question as to why I’ve made this decision.

At least now, at this stage of my writing career I have complete control over my own destiny. And, right now, I’m okay with that. I will give you more information soon as to how I’m going to proceed. It may surprise you.

5 Comments:

At February 02, 2009 2:04 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

*hugs* looking forward to seeing what you have in store!

 
At February 02, 2009 2:48 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

You will be the first to know.

 
At February 05, 2009 12:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck!!

 
At February 05, 2009 12:54 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Thanks Michele.

 
At February 12, 2009 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the change round.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home