July 18, 2007

Witches Part1

It’s funny how things change in a week. I still miss my cat but now the thought of getting a kitten fills my head. I’ve been doing a lot of editing on True Path. Because Logan is very reluctant to go into the next scene. I truly don’t blame her. I still have heard anything from any editors so I guess no news is good news.

I promised to talk about witches in this post. Although I haven’t really prepared what I wanted this will have to do. Most witches were mid-wives and homeopaths. As far back as I can remember witches in TV and movies have been portrayed as ugly and evil beings. With the only exception that I can think of being Glenda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz. Why is that? Even at Halloween, pictures of witches are ugly.

More on this post soon. Do you have anything to add?

7 Comments:

At July 18, 2007 10:41 PM , Blogger Jamie Ford said...

Samantha from Bewitched was, well, rather bewitching, in a good way.

 
At July 19, 2007 3:13 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Hey Lisa, what do you think about the Salem witch trials? I've heard loads of different theories about how it got started, from halluncinogenic germs in the local bread to people trying to off their enemies.

As a practicing witch, how do you think that affected genuine witches across America?

 
At July 19, 2007 4:18 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

Jamie- I'll be talking about tv and witches next post.


Nomi-It's funny how you should ask about the Salem Witch Trials, they have a connection to my next book.

But I'll be going further into it. During the month of witches.

 
At July 19, 2007 5:16 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

I don't really have any experience with witches except the ones you've mentioned. I know a few people now that practice, but only in rather casual acquaintances. I guess I'm just glad that I knew of Glinda the Good Witch early on so that I have always been able to accept that not all witches are evil.

"Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?"

 
At July 19, 2007 6:02 PM , Blogger LA Burton said...

I'm good witch. ; )

 
At July 19, 2007 8:19 PM , Blogger Lift Heavy Rock said...

I forgot about Samantha.

 
At July 20, 2007 5:36 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home